A site-specific combination of pest prevention, pest avoidance, pest monitoring, and pest suppression strategies.
- Prevent or mitigate off-site pesticide risks to water quality from leaching, solution runoff and adsorbed runoff losses.
- Prevent or mitigate off-site pesticide risks to soil, water, air, plants, animals and humans from drift and volatilization losses.
- Prevent or mitigate on-site pesticide risks to pollinators and other beneficial species through direct contact.
- Prevent or mitigate cultural, mechanical and biological pest suppression risks to soil, water, air, plants, animals and humans.
Managing the amount, source, placement, form, and timing of the application of nutrients and soil amendments.
- To budget and supply nutrients for plant production.
- To properly utilize manure or organic by-products as a plant nutrient source while maintaining or improving soil and plant resources.
- To minimize agricultural non-point source pollution of surface and groundwater resources.
- To maintain or improve the physical, chemical, and biological condition of soil.